Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Favorite Peanut Butter Bars


These peanut butter bars taste so much like the peanut butter bars I grew up with at my elementary school cafeteria. Oh the memories. That's probably why these are my favorite peanut butter bars. I love the texture. Not too gooey. Not too dry. Just right. Very much like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I got this recipe 10 years ago from a ward cookbook.

My Favorite Peanut Butter Bars

2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups milk chocolate chips, melted

In a mixer combine powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, and melted butter. Beat until all ingredients are blended together. Spread into a 9x13 baking dish, smoothing the top and pressing into an even layer. Spread melted chocolate evenly over top. Refrigerate for about an hour and then cut into squares.

No comments: