Thursday, March 31, 2011

Best Bites Sweet and Sour Sauce (with meatballs)

I recently bought the Best Bites cookbook and I love it! It has some fantastic looking recipes and this is the first one I have tried. This sauce rocks. I did cheat and use a bag of frozen meatballs. The Best Bites meatballs recipe looks really good so I fully intend to make the meatballs from scratch someday... I must say though that frozen meatballs do have their advantages. This meal takes about 20 minutes to make when you use premade meatballs. Just saying.

Best Bites Sweet and Sour Sauce (with meatballs)

1 - 2 lbs frozen meatballs (baked according to pkg directions)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup pineapple juice
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce

In a large saucepan, whisk together brown sugar and flour. Add pineapple juice, water, vinegar, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, whisking. Let cook for a few minutes on medium heat. Add cooked meatballs and simmer until heated through. Serve over rice.

No comments: