Sunday, March 13, 2011

Glazed Carrots

I am one of those people that loves cooked carrots. Honestly I've never met a vegetable I didn't like. But I LOVE cooked carrots and especially slightly sweet carrots. YUM. These glazed carrots are incredible. Sweet and soft and buttery. You gotta try this recipe. Every one of my kids had seconds and thirds.

Glazed Carrots

2 lb baby carrots
water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon  white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Place carrots in a large saucepan and put in enough water until carrots are just barely covered with water. Add salt and white sugar. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and boil gently for 20 minutes, or until carrots are soft. Pour into a colander and drain.

In the same saucepan heat butter and brown sugar until melted and bubbly. Add carrots back into pan. Stir to coat.

4 comments:

Deb said...

i've been looking for this kind of recipe! thanks, jenni!

Jenni said...

Hope you like it Deb!:)

carolynalvey said...

Made these as a side to our Sunday dinner with the missionaries. They were a huge hit! Thanks for another way to dress up one of my favorite veggies!

Jenni said...

I'm so glad you liked it, Carolyn! Thanks!