Thursday, March 24, 2011

Muddy Buddies

I know, I know, this recipe is on every box of Chex, but my family loves Muddy Buddies. So I'm putting the recipe on my blog. It's the perfect crunchy chocolaty peanut-buttery snack for movie nights or to put in lunch boxes. And it's so quick to throw together. Almost instant gratification. I like to use Corn Chex, but you can use Rice Chex or Crispix cereal - they all work great!

Muddy Buddies

9 cups Corn Chex
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Put Chex into a large mixing bowl. In a separate microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds if needed to get the mixture smooth and melted. Stir in vanilla. Pour chocolate mixture over the Chex and stir until evenly coated. Pour into a 2 gallon ziplock bag. Add powdered sugar to bag, seal and shake until well coated. Spread onto sheets of wax paper to cool and dry. Let sit for 15 minutes. Pour into a colander and shake over your sink to get rid of excess powdered sugar. Store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I always wondered how to make that! I suppose I should buy more Chex cereals, huh?