Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ashlee's Corn Salad

This recipe is another recreation of a salad I had at my friend Ashlee's house - it was so yummy that I had to try to make it. It turned out great and my hubby and I loved it (the kids were another story, but hey they don't like a whole lot of salads so don't judge it by them). Thanks Ashlee!! Oh, BTW we had it for dinner with Crockpot Pork Chops (but I didn't add the green beans to the sauce this time).

Ashlee's Corn Salad

romaine lettuce (I used a bag of precut romaine hearts)
1 large or 2 small roma tomatoes, chopped
1 can white sweet corn, drained (I used a can of "super sweet" white and yellow corn)
3-4 green onions, sliced
1 - 1 1/2 cups peanuts, coarsley chopped
1 package ramen noodles (I didn't have this so I used some chow mein noodles)

Put lettuce, tomatoes, corn, green onions and peanuts in a large bowl. Break up ramen noodles and toast on a cookie sheet in a 375 degree oven for a few minutes, until lightly browned. Add toasted noodles to salad. Toss with about half of the dressing mixture (recipe below) and then add more dressing as needed.

Dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
few dashes of Monterey Steak Seasoning
ground black pepper, to taste

Combine ingredients in a tightly lidded jar; shake till well mixed.

No comments: