Monday, May 18, 2009

Meatballs with Mushroom Sauce

Thanks to Mennonite Girls Can Cook for this one. Very yummy! I love meatball recipes because I always have Swedish and Italian frozen meatballs on hand and am always looking for new sauces to put on them.

Meatballs with Mushroom Sauce

25-30 cooked meatballs (I used a 1 lb bag of frozen Armor original flavor meatballs - that's my favorite brand)

Sauce:
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 cup sour cream

*I think I might add a teaspoon or 2 of Worcestershire sauce next time

In a large skillet melt butter and saute onion, mushrooms and garlic in is until tender; stirring often. Add mushroom soup mixed with milk. Bring to a boil. Stir in the thyme, sour cream, and meatballs and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over noodles.

No comments: