Friday, May 1, 2009

Magic Crustless Quiche

I got this great recipe from Real Mom Kitchen. My brother-in-law's mother (did you follow that) makes a very similar quiche to this, but I had lost the recipe and I was so happy to see this one! This quiche kind of forms it's own crust on the bottom - isn't that cool. Bonus because you don't have to worry about making a pie crust. We had this for dinner tonight (breakfast for dinner makes everyone happy) with banana muffins and cantalope.

Magic Crustless Quiche

3 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%)
1/2 cup Bisquick or similar biscuit mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup diced ham
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1-2 diced green onions

In a mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, Bisquick, and melted butter. Beat on low speed for 3 minutes or until blended well. Transfer 2/3 of the mixture to a greased 9" pie plate. Sprinkle with ham, cheese, and green onions; pour remaining 1/3 of batter over the ham etc. Be careful because the pie plate will be very full. Bake uncovered at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting or serving.

1 comment:

Cami said...

I think I will make this today. I had everything for quiche except crust! SO, there we go. I'll give it a try.