Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Zucchini Muffins

We finally have zucchini from the garden. Our garden didn't do as well as we hoped this year, probably due to rabbits (our area has lots of wild bunnies and they are horrible pests) eating the poor veggie's leaves before they have time to grow. The carrots never stood a chance. But we do have some zucchini so I get to start making some yummy zucchini treats, starting with muffins. I love these muffins. They are moist and tender and my kids love them too. I got the recipe at the Eat Cake For Dinner blog.

Zucchini Muffins
-makes about 18 normal sized muffins

3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup butter, melted (plus more for buttering pan)
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups grated zucchini

Preheat oven to 350 and brush muffin tins with melted butter (I used 2 muffin tins, but only buttered 6 muffin cups in the 2nd tin).

In a bowl mix together: flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.

 In the bowl of a mixer beat sugar and eggs until creamy. Add 2/3 cup melted butter and vanilla and beat to mix well. Add zucchini and beat until combined. Add flour mixture and beat until just blended. Batter will be thick. Distribute batter evenly into muffin tins (I used a large cookie scoop to help make them uniform in size). Bake for 20-23 minutes or until muffins are browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove muffins to a wire rack to cool.


1 comment:

Julie Snow said...

These look great! I have zucchini coming out my ears! (Do you need any this year?) I will make these soon! And thank you for putting the search box on your blog! :) :) :)