Monday, August 22, 2011

Pineapple Sweet and Sour Meatballs

I am not quite sure how this recipe has not made it onto the blog yet. We love these meatballs. I guess I just never took a picture of the finished product before. I got this recipe years ago from a recipe swap. This meal comes together very quickly, especially if you use frozen meatballs like I always do. IKEA's frozen meatballs are my favorite (that's what I used this time), but if you don't have an IKEA near you, Armor meatballs are also good.

Pineapple Sweet and Sour Meatballs

meatballs, precooked (I use about 1 1/2 lbs for my family)

Sauce:
1 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1, 15 oz can pineapple tidbits (drain off about 1/2 the juices)
1 1/2 cups water

Combine brown sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Whisk in vinegar, soy sauce, and water. Stir over medium heat until it comes to a low boil. Add can of pineapple with some of the juices and stir until sauced is thickened and bubbly. Add cooked meatballs, tossing to coat. Heat through. Serve over rice.

No comments: