Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Easy Parmesan Knots

This quick roll recipe is from The Real Mom Kitchen Cookbook. I love that so many of my favorite food bloggers have come out with cookbooks. This is an easy roll recipe and a fun one to get kids involved, they can roll the biscuits into long snakes for you to tie in knots. I think I'm going to change this recipe a little the next time I make it. I want to brush the knotted rolls with melted butter and then sprinkle with the parmesan and spice mixture about halfway through the baking time. I was a little weirded out eating rolls brushed with a canola oil mixture after they come out of the oven (something about eating raw canola oil was the weird part). But they did taste good as is, so the choice is yours.

Easy Parmesan Knots

1, 12 oz tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/4 cup canola oil
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley

Preheat oven to 400. On a lightly floured surface, roll each biscuit into a 12 inch rope and tie into a knot, tucking the ends under the roll. Place on a large greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Mix together canola oil, Parmesan, garlic powder, oregano, and parsley, brush this mixture on knots when they come out of the oven.

No comments: