Monday, August 22, 2011

Broiled Flank Steak

My husband loves steak and I hardly ever cook it, partly because we don't have a grill at the moment and also because I find steak to be a little intimidating. This steak is really easy to cook though and because it's cooked under the broiler it was also fast. I got the recipe from the show Kelsey's Essentials and modified it just slightly. My kids do not like rare or even medium rare steak so I did cook it longer than the recipe called for, but feel free to cut down the cooking time for rarer steak. This served over some greens with a balsamic vinaigrette would be a lovely steak salad dinner. I served it with salad and smashed potatoes to make everyone happy, and it did work. My family all loved it and my husband was happy to have steak.:)

Broiled Flank Steak

1, 2 lb flank steak

Marinade:
1/4 cup worchestershire sauce
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 cup canola oil

In a small bowl mix together: worchestershire, brown sugar, mustard, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, garlic, onion powder and oil. Whisk well. Place steak in a ziplock bag and add marinade. Let sit at room temp. for 1 hour or refrigerate for 2 hours. Allow to come to room temp. before cooking.

Place marinaded steak on a rack fitted over a cookie sheet covered in foil or on a broiler pan. Cook for 10-15 minutes on each side. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice into thin strips against the grain.

No comments: