Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ooey Gooey Caramel Popcorn

I got this recipe from my friend Jann who got it from my friend Cami and now I'm throwing it out there into the ether for you because it is just so darn yummy. The original recipe had just brown sugar, but I added some corn syrup because I like the smoothness it gives the caramel. Also I added a little cream because well why not? If you are going to mix butter and sugar and corn syrup well then you must add cream... This caramel popcorn was just so darn good and my whole family couldn't get enough of it.

Ooey Gooey Caramel Popcorn

2 regular size bags microwave popcorn, popped
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
2 tablespoons heavy cream

Put popped popcorn into a large bowl or paper bag. Melt butter in a saucepan, add brown sugar and corn syrup and bring to a boil. Add heavy cream to taste and heat through. Drizzle over popcorn and toss to coat evenly or shake well in a paper bag. Serve.*

*If you'd like a less gooey caramel popcorn then bake the caramel coated popcorn on a greased cookie sheet at 325 stirring every 5 or so minutes for about 15 - 20 minutes.

No comments: