Friday, February 27, 2009

Potato Wedges and Fry Sauce


Potatoe Wedges
My kids want to call these "Bakies" and I want to call them "Wedgies" (because that just makes me giggle in a very childish sort of way), but I'll let you call them what you want because they are just your basic baked potato wedges. Very yummy tho. We had them the other night with Crispy Parmesan Chicken Strips.

1/4 cup butter, melted
6 potatoes, well scrubbed
salt and pepper
seasoned salt

Cut unpeeled potatoes into quarters lenghtwise. Cut each quarter in half lenghtwise again. Place on a GREASED baking sheet (if you don't grease the baking sheet the potatoes stick really bad). Brush top sides with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper and seasoned salt. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Turn potatoes* and brush tops with butter and seasonings as before. Bake for another 20 minutes. Serve with fry sauce or ketchup.

*I admit that this is not as easy as it sounds, but I turn the potatoes with my fingers - man they are hot, but it takes forever to turn each one over with a spatula or fork. I am heard saying "Freaking A!!" a lot as I turn the potatoes, but have thus far never sustained a substantial injury.



Fry Sauce
My kids hate this stuff and I could take it or leave it, but my husband is a fry sauce junkie so I make it for him.

1 cup miracle whip
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard

Combine all ingredients.

No comments: