Monday, February 16, 2009

Frozen Chocolate Bar Pie

Now this was OH SO GOOD!! Serious. I want this dessert on my birthday. Forget a cake, I'll just have piece after piece of this pie till I get sick and then I'll have some more... Maybe that wasn't the best imagery for telling you just how yummy this is, sorry... But trust me, make this and you will thank me, or actually you should thank Real Mom Kitchen because I got the recipe from that fabulous site. The original recipe is called Symphony Pie because it uses a king size Symphony bar, but I made it with a couple German chocolate bars cause that's how I roll.:)

Frozen Chocolate Bar Pie

2, 3.5 oz German or Swiss chocolate bars (I used Ritter Sport milk chocolate bars)
1/4 cup water (I wonder what would happen if you used milk here - I will experiment next time)
1, 8 oz container Cool Whip, thawed
shortbread cookie crust

Break up the chocolate bars into a large microwave safe bowl. Add water. Microwave for 45 seconds. With a whisk stir the chocolate well so that all of the chocolate is melted, may need to put back in microwave for another 20 seconds. Add a scoop of Cool Whip to the chocolate and mix it in well. Then add the rest of the Cool Whip and fold it all in until all the chocolate is incorporated. Pour chocolate mixture into the shortbread cookie crust and spread evenly. Cover and freeze for 3 hours.* Serve with whipped cream on top.

*Will keep in the freezer for weeks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds really good. I love your recipe blog!!!!