Thursday, February 5, 2009

No Peek Beef

We had this last night and it was yummy. I got the recipe from Mommy's Kitchen, though I did alter it slightly. Everyone was happy with it especially since we had my sister's bread with it (some kind of bread is a great incentive for my children to eat their dinners happily).


No Peek Beef

2 lbs beef eye of round or chuck roast, cut into small cubes
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I think I will add 2 cans next time)
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
small can mushrooms (optional, I didn't add mushrooms this time)

Mix ingredients together and pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours, do not remove foil until it is done. Serve over noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice.

*I bet this would be a great crockpot recipe also.

No comments: