Monday, February 16, 2009

Chicken Cordon Blue Sandwiches

I got this recipe from my friend Cami and I think this is probably the yummiest sandwich I've ever had! Yes, it really is that good and super easy to make too. (Again my picture really doesn't do this sandwich justice) Thanks for this awesome recipe Cami!!


Chicken Cordon Blue Sandwiches

sour dough bread, sliced
mayo
shredded chicken* (I use a good ol' Costco rotisserie chicken)
mustard - dijon or spicy
thin sliced ham (my favorite packaged ham is Oscar Meyer thin sliced Virginia ham)
sliced cheese - Swiss or cheddar or jack... what ever you like
a bit of fresh ground pepper

Assembly:
Layer on each slice of bread: mayo, shredded chicken, mustard, ham, cheese, and a little ground pepper. Place on a cookie sheet and broil till cheese melts. You can have the sandwiches open faced or top with another slice of toasted bread (I like 'em open faced).

*When my friend Cami doesn't have a rotisserie chicken to shred she baked chicken breast in her stoneware loaf pans with a pizza stone on top at 350 for about 40 minutes. It makes them nice and moist and ready to shred.

1 comment:

Cami said...

I am famous on your blog. Do you need any more recipes? :)