Thursday, January 29, 2009

Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal

This recipe might not seem worth writing down because it is so simple, but I must share it and this is the reason: for years I've tried to make oatmeal in my crockpot overnight and each morning woke up to very yummy oatmeal, but a horrible, stuck-on, almost impossible to clean, burnt oatmeal mess on the sides of my crockpot. It hardly seemed worth it. So anywho, I found this recipe over on allrecipes (actually the recipe was in a review of another crockpot oatmeal) and I thought I would try it. It worked - perfect oatmeal, no burnt on mess. Lovely.


Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal

2 cups rolled oats
2 cups water
2 cups milk

Throw it all in the crockpot and turn it to the "WARM" setting. Let it cook all night and in the morning you have yummy oatmeal all ready and waiting for you.

No comments: