Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fabulous Italian Chicken

This recipe is a family favorite. I got it from JaNae who was a member of the recipe swap group I belonged to in Maryland. I love it because I am assured of a whine-free dining experience when I make it and if I make garlic bread or rolls to go with it my kids are almost worshipfully grateful. Sometimes you just want a peaceful, happy dinner were you don't have to coax anybody into taking 5 bites...

Fabulous Italian Chicken

4 cups cooked and cubed chicken (I use a Costco rotisserie chicken)
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz cream cheese
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1 cup chicken broth, if desired for thinning sauce
cooked vermicelli pasta

Combine chicken, soup, cream cheese, and dressing mix in a pot, bring to a boil and stir till smooth. Add chicken and enough chicken broth to get sauce to desired consistency (I usually add about 1 cup) and heat through. Serve over vermicelli.

No comments: