Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Caramel Pull Apart Loaves


This recipe is from my friend Cami and it is SO yummy!! I nabbed the picture above from Cami's blog because my picture didn't turn out (hope you don't mind that I stole your picture Cami!). We had them for breakfast this morning along with scrambled eggs and turkey sausage links and everyone individually thanked me for making such a yummy breakfast - I'm not sure that has ever happened before. The rolls really end up tasting like donuts. Mmmm....


Caramel Pull Apart Loaves

24 Rhodes frozen rolls
1 (3.5 oz) box "cook and serve" butterscotch pudding mix
1 stick of butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
powdered sugar
melted butter
water

Using 2 greased loaf pans, place 12 frozen rolls in each pan. Sprinkle the pans of rolls evenly with the butterscotch pudding mix. Bring 1 stick of butter and 3/4 cup brown sugar to boil on stove, then pour over rolls (half of mixture on each pan of rolls). Cover with plastic wrap, place in a cold oven and let rise all night. When ready to bake them, heat oven to 350. Remove plastic wrap from loaf pans and bake for 30 minutes. Turn loaves out onto a platter and make a glaze of powdered sugar, water, and a little melted butter then spread this over rolls.

2 comments:

Cami said...

I don't mind that you stole my picture, but it's such an UGLY picture! My sister had a better one! Maybe you should change over . . .

Jenni said...

I like your picture Cami! It looks just like the ones I made - so ooey, gooey, and delicious!:)