Monday, October 3, 2011

Just Like Cracker Barrel's Grilled Chicken Tenders

I love Cracker Barrel. When I have the pleasure of eating at a Cracker Barrel I always have their grilled chicken tenders with 2 sides of carrots - it's my favorite! So when I saw this grilled chicken tender copy cat recipe on Mommy's Kitchen I had to try it and I was not disappointed. It's surprising just how much these chicken tenders taste like the ones at Cracker Barrel even though they aren't grilled at all. You make them in a skillet with a marinade, so I guess they are braised rather than grilled. Interesting, but so good and so simple.

Just Like Cracker Barrel's Grilled Chicken Tenders

2 lbs chicken tenders, or chicken breasts cut into strips
1 cup bottled Italian Dressing (I used Wish Bone)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
4 teaspoons honey

Combine the dressing, lemon juice, and honey. Place chicken tenders in a gallon size ziplock and pour dressing mixture in. Seal and let marinate in the fridge for 1 hour. Pour chicken and marinade into a large non-stick skillet and cook over med-high heat. The tenders will cook through and the liquid will mostly evaporate leaving a browned glaze on the cooked tenders (the picture below is of the tenders cooking before the glaze forms). Turn the tenders to let them get browned on both sides. Be careful not to let it burn as the sugars in the marinade can go from a nice glaze to burnt rather quickly. Remove from heat and serve.

No comments: