Monday, October 17, 2011

Nutella No Bake Cookies

I'm going to make a confession. I am not a fan of no-bake cookies. I just don't like the grainy oatie texture. But. My kids love no-bake cookies so I make them every once in a while. As no-bakes go this recipe is pretty good. I like the subtle Nutella taste even if it has to go with all the grainy oatiness.

Nutella No Bake Cookies

1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch salt
1/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick oats

In a medium saucepan melt the butter. Add the sugar, cocoa, and milk and whisk. Bring to a boil, whisking, and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, salt, Nutella, and peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Stir in oats. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto wax paper and allow to cool and set up. (You can refrigerate the cookies to speed up the setting-up process.)

No comments: