Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

Mmmm! These pancakes are sure to become a family favorite. We love breakfast for dinner and pancake night is always popular in our house, but these pancakes were especially loved. I might up the cinnamon the next time I make them and I have seen on other blogs making a cream cheese glaze for on top, but that was a little over the top to me. I just served the pancakes with butter and syrup and it was tasty enough I assure you. This is a fun one to have kids help you with. My kids really loved swirling the cinnamon mixture onto the batter.


Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

a batch of your favorite pancake batter (I use Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon (I used 1, but will use more next time)

In a large liquid measuring cup combine melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir until smooth. Pour this mixture into a squeeze bottle (or you could use a ziplock bag and snip one corner and use like a piping bag). Laddle pancake batter onto your griddle and then squeeze the cinnamon mixture in a swirls right onto the batter. When the pancakes are done on one side, flip them over and finish cooking on the other side. Serve with butter and syrup.

No comments: