Thursday, March 19, 2009

Monster Cookies

Thanks to the Brown Family for this great cookie recipe! I was intrigued by the fact it that it doesn't have any flour in it just oats. The kids loved these and the recipe makes a huge batch so I've frozen some for future cookie cravings.


Monster Cookies

1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup shortening
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 tablespoon corn syrup
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 1/2 cups oats
1 bag chocolate chips* (or a mixture of chips - I did chocolate and butterscotch)

In a mixer beat sugars, shortening, eggs, peanut butter, and corn syrup. Add oats and baking soda and mix. Add vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips by hand. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Let cool for a couple minutes on cookie sheets and then transfer to racks to cool.

*Can use different kinds of chips and dried fruits like cherries or craisins. Next time I'm going to try dark chocolate chips and dried cherries because that sounds very yummy.

3 comments:

Jeri said...

Jenni, I just wanted to tell you I love this blog. You are such a wonderful cook! I even tried to get to this blog on my phone from the grocery store once!

My good friend (from when I was three) has a great food blog too..I thought you would like to see it. (She is nurse heidi) http://wherefloursbloom.blogspot.com/

Jenni said...

Thanks Jeri that is an awesome recipe blog!!:)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

They look delicious - I can't find your other blog to check up on you guys!