Saturday, April 14, 2012

Super Easy Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits

My kids love fruit and yogurt parfaits from McDonalds, so I thought I'd try an at home version that I can make the night before and have ready in the fridge for breakfasts and packing lunches. They are made with frozen fruit, so as they sit overnight the fruit thaws and gets a little syrupy. Spoon a little granola on top in the morning and they are ready to go. I've found that the perfect containers are 8 ounce plastic freezer jam jars.

Super Easy Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits

large container vanilla yogurt
frozen blueberries, raspberries, or sliced strawberries (or a mixture)
granola

Layer the yogurt and frozen fruit in the jars. Put lids on and refrigerate overnight. Top with granola to serve. Parfaits will keep for a few days in fridge.

No comments: