Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats

Wow cake batter is all over the place on cooking blogs and Pinterest. I've seen cake batter shakes, cheesecake, pancakes, chex mix... All manner of wonderfully delicious sounding cake-battery treats. Well this is the rice krispie treat version and it is fun. The treats really do have a cake batter taste. Yum! I made it for my daughter to take to a church activity and it was a hit. I got the recipe from Six Sisters' Recipes and modified it slightly to my taste.

Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats

4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup dry funfetti or yellow cake mix
10 oz bag  + 1 cup mini marshmallows (about 13 oz - I like my treats more marshmallowy than the original recipe)
6 cups rice krispies
1.75 oz container of sprinkles (a little less than 1/3 cup)

Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. In a saucepan melt 4 tablespoons butter, add mini marshmallows and as they melt add dry cake mix a little at a time to make sure it is evenly distributed. Once marshmallows have completely melted, remove from heat and mix in rice krispies and half of the sprinkles. Mix well and spread into the greased 9x13, pressing with greased hands to spread it out evenly. Top with remaining sprinkles and press into the rice krispie mixture. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.

No comments: