Friday, March 5, 2010

Sara's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I got this recipe from my friend Sara and these cookies are great - lovely chewy chocolatyness! I think they are best warm. I think next time I'll use butter flavored shortening because I think that would add a nice flavor.

Sara's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup shortening (regular or butter flavored)
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoon milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups quick oats
1 3/4 cup flour (plus 1/4 cup for high altitude)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
16 oz bag chocolate chips (or about 2 cups)

Cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, milk and vanilla and mix well. In a separate bowl combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet mixture and combine and fold in chocolate chips by hand. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake at 375 for 9 to 10 minutes.

No comments: