Thursday, December 11, 2008

Roasted Red Potatoes


These potatoes were fantastic! We had them as a side dish with our "Ikea dinner" which is Swedish meatballs, Swedish meatball sauce (a packet mix from Ikea), red potatoes, and lingonberry preserves. I got the recipe from my friend Corinne (thanks!!). She said her whole family loved these potatoes and it worked for my family too - everyone had seconds. I'm sure I'll be making this recipes lots in the future.

Roasted Red Potatoes

red/new potatoes (I used 3 lbs)
butter (I used 4 tablespoons)
garlic, minced (I used 1 clove)
garlic salt (I used 1 teaspoon)
dry parsley (about 2 teaspoons)
dry thyme (about 1 teaspoon)
pepper (used a few good cranks of my pepper mill)

Take the potatoes and cut them into fourths lengthwise, then cut each forth into small triangles. Boil for 6 minutes. Drain and put back in pot. Add melted butter, garlic, garlic salt, parsley, thyme, and pepper. Spread onto a cookie sheet (I used my trusty stoneware jelly roll pan) and bake at 375 for about 45 minutes.

No comments: