Monday, February 7, 2011

Hot Cocoa Ice Cream

This is such a fun treat! Really this ice cream tastes like hot cocoa! A very mellow chocolately taste. So yummy. Isn't it cute with the marshmallows on top?! If you eat it right from the ice cream maker it will be runny, runnier than soft serve, but if you put it into a container and freeze it for a day you will have wonderful scoopable ice cream. That's what I did, though I imagine eating it soft like a Wendy's frosty would also be delicious.

Hot Cocoa Ice Cream

1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups half and half
1/2 cup hot cocoa mix

Whisk all the ingredients together. Pour into you ice cream maker and freeze according to your ice cream maker's instructions. For my ice cream maker I let it run for 35-40 minutes, then I poured it into a container and put it into my freezer for a day.

No comments: