Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baked Ham and Cheese Rolls

These little ham sandwiches are the best! Big hit with my family. I think they would be great game day fare. This might be my first Super Bowl food suggestion ever. I'm not a football fan, but I think I could sit through part of a game if I was munching on one of these.:)

Baked Ham and Cheese Rolls

1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 package Sara Lee Classic Dinner Rolls (1 dozen)
1/2 lb deli ham
12 slices colby jack, Swiss or cheddar

Preheat oven to 350. In a small mixing bowl or measuring cup mix together butter, onion powder, poppy seeds, and dijon mustard. Remove rolls intact from bag (I cut the bag off the rolls so I wouldn't pull them apart). Slice the rolls through the middle so that you have one solid top and bottom. Place the bottom half of the rolls in a 9x13 baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Layer ham and cheese on top of rolls (overlaping cheese slices). Top with top half of rolls. Drizzle melted butter mixture evenly over the rolls. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Use a sharp knife to separate the little roll sandwiches and serve immediately.

1 comment:

Alvey family said...

I made this meal for our family - pickle spear and all - and everyone loved the the ham & cheese rolls! I especially liked the buttery spread! It would really be good on any sandwich.