Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Potato Casserole

Tonight I came up with a "Funeral Potatoes" casserole that I really like. I used O'Brien Potatoes as the base and they are great because they already have the added flavor of onions and bell peppers mixed in with the potatoes. Wow, this casserole is rich though. Tonight we had it with Cranberry Pork Roast and it was a great side for pork.

My Potato Casserole

28 oz package frozen O'Brien Hashbrown Potatoes (cubed potatoes with peppers and onions), thawed
1 cup sour cream
2 cups grated medium cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 cups corn flakes, crushed

In a large bowl combine thawed O'Brien potatoes, sour cream, cheese, and soups. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. In a bowl combine crushed corn flakes and melted butter. Sprinkle corn flake mixture evenly over casserole. Bake uncovered at 375 for 40-45 minutes.

No comments: