Thursday, December 23, 2010

Corn Flake Wreaths

I think these marshmallowy corn flake treats are super yummy! 2 of my children were not having anything covered in green goo, but the rest of us loved them. I hope someday they will be enjoyed at Christmas time by our whole family. At least everyone had fun making them and decorating them with red hots and mini m&ms.


Corn Flake Wreaths

8 cups mini marshmallows
6 tablespoons butter
green food coloring
5-6 cups corn flakes (I used 5 cups, but I think I'll use 6 next time)
non-stick cooking spray
red hots
mini m&ms

Set out a long sheet of wax paper and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large microwave safe bowl combine marshmallows and butter cut into small pieces. Microwave for 1 minutes. Stir. Microwave again for about a minute or until completely melted. Add about 15 drops of green food coloring. Stir in corn flakes until thoroughly coated.

Spray your hands with non-stick spray and plop large spoonfuls of corn flake mixture onto the wax paper. Put a hole in the middle of the mixture and stretch it out a little to form a wreath. Decorate with red hots and m&ms right away so they will stick. Let dry for about an hour and then eat. They store well for about 2 days before they get mushy.

My kids got a little crazy with the red hots and m&ms.:)

No comments: