Thursday, December 23, 2010

Creamy Crockpot Chicken

I got this recipe from my friend Carolyn's cooking blog and it was very yummy. It is a slightly different version of the Creamy Italian Chicken that I make a lot. I really liked this - the butter I think gives it great flavor! Thanks Carolyn for another great recipe!

Creamy Crockpot Chicken

4 chicken breasts
5 tablespoons butter
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
4-5 oz cream cheese. softened

Combine chicken, Italian dressing mix, and butter in a crockpot. Cook on high for about 3 hours or low for 4-6 hours. An hour before serving remove chicken and shred it, then put it back in the crockpot and mix in with the seasonings in crockpot. In a bowl mix soup and cream cheese and add to the chicken in the crockpot. Heat through and serve over cooked rice or noodles.

1 comment:

Alvey family said...

Glad you liked it Jenni! Tonight we ate your Chicken & Wild Rice soup. Thanks for all your great recipes!