Friday, October 22, 2010

Taco Pie

I got this recipe from a cooking magazine. I wrote it down and now I can't remember which magazine it came from... Anywho, it's a nice quichey tasting taco casserole. My family liked it a lot and I like that it calls for ground turkey and is still quite flavorful. Nice easy dinner recipe.

Taco Pie

1 lb ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1/3 cup water
1, 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
1/2 cup Bisquick mix (I used the Heart Smart Bisquick mix)
1 cup milk (nonfat works fine)
2 eggs
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 tomato, chopped

Heat oven to 400. Spray a 9" pie pan with cooking spray.

In a skillet cook turkey and onion for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in taco seasoning and 1/3 cup water. Mix well and heat through. Spread turkey meat in pie pan. Top evenly with green chiles.

In a bowl combine Bisquick, milk, and eggs, stirring with a whisk until blended. Pour over turkey mixture. Bake 25 minutes. Top with cheese and bake for 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle individual servings with chopped tomato.

No comments: