Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas (Freezer Meal)


I got this oh so good freezer meal last month at my freezer meal swap, L. made it and I think it was M. recipe. These enchiladas freeze and reheat so well. I did not thaw the casserole all the way before cooking and it took about 1 1/2 hours to cook it. This is a very kid-friendly meal.

Chicken Enchiladas (Freezer Meal)

2 can cream of chicken soup
1 small can diced green chilies
diced olives (optional)
shredded cheddar cheese
flour tortillas, torn into pieces
4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed - about 4 cups

Cook chicken breasts, cool and tear into small pieces or chop. Mix together soups, chilies, and olives. In a 9x13 foil baking dish layer tortilla pieces, soup/chilies/olives mixture, chicken, and then shredded cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and then foil, label with cooking instructions and freeze.

Cooking Instructions:
Thaw in fridge for at least a day. Remove plastic wrap and foil and loosely recover with foil. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly (check the middle to make sure its heated all the way through). Uncover and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I didn't have diced green chilies once when I was making this. I used some salsa instead and I love it even more. I mix in some salsa with the cr. of chicken (1/4 c. or something, so it starts to turn pink) and then after rolling up the tortillas and putting them in the pan, I spread a little salsa on them before sprinkling on cheese.