Thursday, July 23, 2009

Chocolate Crescent Rolls

Have you ever come across a recipe and thought, "why in the world didn't I think of that"?? Well finding this recipe at Stick a Fork In It was definitely one of those moments for me. I love chocolate croissants. Love. Love. Love. Them. Why have I never thought to do the easy version with tubed crescent roll dough? It's SO good. There is just something about buttery bread with chocolate. Seriously give this a try and you will be surprised how simply yummy these crescent rolls are. Thanks to Stick a Fork in It for this lovely lovely recipe that I'm sure I'll be making every time I have a tube of crescent roll dough in the fridge. I might even try it with my homemade crescent roll dough too.

Chocolate Crescent Rolls

1 tube Pillsbury crescent roll dough
chocolate chips (semi-sweet is good)
1 tablespoon melted butter

Unroll crescent roll dough from the tube and divide into triangles. Put some chocolate chips on the bottom third of the dough triangles (the larger end of the triangle). Roll up the crescent rolls pinching the ends and shape into crescent shape. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with melted butter. Place crescent rolls on a rack to cool - they are best when they have cooled to almost room temperature.

No comments: