Monday, March 23, 2015

Crock Pot Lasagna Soup

This is such a great soup - lasagna in soup form and it's delicious! A huge bonus is that it takes such little effort. It really does taste like lasagna. I served it with homemade Italian bread and it was a hit. I think everyone had seconds. The melty cheese on top is the best! I combined a couple of recipes I found on Pinterest to create this recipe and it turned out great. I hope you like it as much as I do.

Crock Pot Lasagna Soup

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
4 cups beef broth
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon dried basil
28 oz can petite diced tomatoes (I used Hunts)
6 oz can tomato paste (I used Hunts)
1 cup spicy V8 juice
2 cups uncooked shell pasta
salt and pepper to taste
shredded mozzarella, for topping

Brown ground beef with onion. Pour ground beef and onions into a slow cooker. Add beef broth, garlic, parsley, basil, tomatoes, tomato paste, and V8 juice. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours. Add uncooked shell pasta and cook on low for an additional 45 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with shredded mozzarella on individual servings.

No comments: