Thursday, April 21, 2011

Danish Meat Patties

These Danish Meat Patties (I wish I could come up with a better name for this recipe) are very yummy and taste a lot like Swedish Meatballs. In fact I might try shaping the meat mixture into meatballs next time; for some reason my kids like meatballs better than patties. I got the recipe from The Convection Oven Bible so the instructions are written for a convection oven, but you can bake them in a regular oven for a longer period of time, probably 45 min - 1 hour. I served the patties with Ikea Swedish Meatball Gravy (packets that you can buy at Ikea) and Roasted Red Potatoes. Satisfying and delicious.

Danish Meat Patties

1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork (I ground my own from boneless porkchops in the food processor)
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 3/4 cups fresh bread crumbs
4 tablespoons flour
2 eggs
2 teaspoons salt
ground black pepper (about 1/2 teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 cup carbonated water (I used club soda)
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil

In a large bowl combine ground meats, onion, bread crumbs, flour, eggs, salt, pepper, and allspice. Mix well together. Mix in carbonated water until thoroughly incorporated. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, measure out portions of the meat mixture and form into oval patties. Makes about 15 patties. Place on parchment lined baking sheets (I had to use 2). Combine melted butter and oil and drizzle over patties. Convection bake or roast at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until patties are browned and start to crisp. Serve with Swedish Meatball sauce if desired.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love Danish food! Check out my blog for today's Scandinavian-inspired lunch! Good job on the meat patties.