Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Mom's Fudge

Fudge! This is my Mom's fudge and I love it. It is a quintessential Christmastime treat and I made it last night for munching on as we trimmed our Christmas tree. Christmas music, ornaments, laughter, and fudge. Does it get better than that?:)

Mom's Fudge

3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
3 cups sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk (5 oz can)
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (my mom uses chips, I used 3, 4 oz. Ghiradelli semi-sweet baking bars, chopped)
7 oz jar marshmallow cream
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional (I left it out)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix butter, sugar, and milk. Bring to a full boil and boil stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 234 degrees. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted, add marshmallow cream and vanilla and stir well (takes some arm strength). Pour into a 9x9 pan. Let cool for about 2 hours at room temp or until cooled completely. Cut into squares and enjoy.

1 comment:

Cami said...

I'm always on the lookout for a good fudge recipe. Looks delish!