Friday, December 18, 2009

Jann's Chicken Enchiladas

Thank goodness for my wonderful friends who talk recipes with me! When I visited my friend Jann a couple months ago she told me about this recipe and I wrote it down on a page in my planner. Well tonight I actually made it and it was SUPER good! I like it better than my standard sour cream/cream of chicken soup/shredded cheese and chicken enchiladas. The cream cheese makes it extra creamy. Thanks Jann for this great recipe!

Jann's Chicken Enchiladas

1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 cans green chiles
3 cups cooked and cubed chicken or 2 cans cooked chicken
1, 8oz block cream cheese
flour tortillas (I used 9 medium size)
28 oz can green enchilada sauce
about 3 cups shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend)

Saute onion in butter until soft and translucent. Add green chiles, chicken, and cream cheese and heat through until cream cheese melts. Scoop mixture (I used a 1/2 cup measuring cup to scoop) into tortillas and roll up with a sprinkling of cheese. Put enchiladas into a 9x13 baking dish. Pour green enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and top with about 1-2 cups of cheese. Cover with foil (I spray the foil with cooking spray so cheese doesn't stick to it) and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook a few more minutes. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.

No comments: