Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Salsa Chili

I love my go-to chili recipe, but when I saw this one at allrecipes I was intrigued by the salsa in it. Honestly, you really can't taste the salsa all that much, but it turned out to be a really good chili that my whole family enjoyed. I think I still prefer my regular chili recipe, but this one was good too. Oh and this makes a lot - we had it 2 days in a row, so you could always freeze half to have another day.

Crockpot Salsa Chili

2 lbs ground beef
1 cups chopped onion
2, 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes in tomato sauce
1, 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 cup Pace Picante sauce or other salsa
1, 15 oz can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1, 15 oz can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1, 15 oz can chili beans
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 packets McCormick lower-sodium chili seasoning mix


Brown ground beef with onion, drain off fat. Put browned beef and onion in crockpot. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa, light red kidney beans, dark red kidney beans, chili beans, pepper, garlic powder, and chili seasoning packets. Stir well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

* I served it with hot dogs, shredded cheese, and corn bread. It was a yummy fall dinner.

No comments: