Friday, June 12, 2009

Best Banana Bread

Oh I think I've found my favorite banana bread recipe at last. The recipe comes from allrecipes.com, but I added the vanilla and cinnamon because it gives it a little something something. This bread is just so moist and wonderful and I can't stay away from it. It is so good with peanut butter spread on it (my kids love it that way).

Best Banana Bread

2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed very ripe bananas (for me it was 5 bananas)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan.

In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter and brown sugar until creamed together. Beat in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Add vanilla and mix in. Slowly mix in flour mixture and beat until all flour is incorporated, but don't over mix. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.

Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes. Loosely cover top with foil to prevent excess browning on top and bake for an additional 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted right in the middle comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a rack and let cool longer - I think this bread is SO yummy warm with butter or peanut butter spread on it.


Nutrition Info (in case you're interested)
12 servings
230 calories per slice
fat 8.9 g
protein 3.7 g
carbs 35.1 g
fiber 1.6 g

No comments: