Sunday, March 18, 2012

Malibu Chicken

I got this recipe from One Crazy Cookie and it's easy and family pleasing. It reminds me of going to Sizzler with my family when I was young. You could make this with grilled chicken for a healthier version, but this time I made it with Tyson frozen crispy chicken breasts because it was a particularly busy night. I served with wild rice pilaf (made in my rice cooker - yay) and steamed mixed veggies.

Malibu Chicken

Tyson frozen fully cooked chicken breasts (or grilled chicken breasts)
sliced deli ham
sliced Swiss cheese

Cook the chicken breasts according to the package instructions or grill up some chicken breasts. Place 2-3 slices of ham on each breast and cover with a piece of Swiss cheese. Put chicken back in oven just until cheese melts. Serve with mustard sauce (below) if desired (3 out of the 5 in my family like the mustard sauce).

Mustard Sauce:
1/2 cup mayo or Miracle Whip
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and serve with the chicken.

No comments: