Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pork Chops with Amber Rice Casserole

I hadn't made this casserole in such a long time, even though it is a family favorite. The recipe is from my sister and she gave it to me at my wedding shower. The invitation for the shower asked the women coming to also bring me a recipe - yes I have been obsessed with recipe collecting for a while. This casserole is a great kid pleasing meal. The rice has just a slight orange flavor to it. Yum.

Pork Chops with Amber Rice Casserole

4-5 pork chops
salt and pepper
olive oil
1 1/2 cups Minute Rice (or about 2 cups cooked rice, just decrease cooking time a bit)
1/2 cup orange juice
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken with rice soup

Season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat enough oil to coat the bottom of a large skillet. Brown pork chops in oil and place in a 9x13 baking dish. In a bowl combine Minute Rice, orange juice, cream of chicken soup, and chicken with rice soup. Spread this rice/soup mixture over the pork chops. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes (check rice to make sure it's done).

No comments: