Saturday, February 11, 2012

Oven Baked Stew

This a great beef stew recipe. I got it from Life As a Lofthouse. I served it with homemade rolls and it was a great dinner for a cold winter night. I think this recipe would work great in the crockpot and in fact I might try it that way next time I make it. It is slightly sweet because of the ketchup, so if you would like it less sweet use tomato soup in place of the ketchup.

Oven Baked Stew

1 lb stew meat
2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 large carrots, thickly sliced
1/2 onion, chopped
1 packet onion soup mix
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 can cream of celery soup
1/2 cup ketchup

Combine meat, potatoes, carrots and onion in a bowl, toss with onion soup mix and paprika. Spread meat mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Combine soup and ketchup and spread over meat and vegetables. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours. Mix well with a spoon and serve.

*To cook in the crockpot: Combine all ingredients, spread into crockpot and cook on low for, I'm guessing here, 6-8 hours.

No comments: