Monday, January 23, 2012

Jenny's Potato Casserole

This is a great, classic funeral potatoes recipe from my friend Jenny. I love funeral potatoes with a crispy buttery corn-flake topping. This is serious comfort food. I served it with leftover Christmas ham that was in my freezer. I think we will be making meals out of that one ham for weeks to come. I love how creamy and cheesy these potatoes are. Thanks for a great recipe Jenny!

Jenny's Potato Casserole

1, 1lb bag frozen hash browns
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 - 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used 2 cups)
1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
1/4 cup butter, melted

In a large bowl mix together: hash browns, soup, sour cream, onion, and cheese. Spread into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Combine crushed cornflakes and butter. Remove foil, spread casserole with cornflake mixture and bake for another 15 minutes, uncovered.

No comments: