Monday, August 10, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

I've been in a pumpkin mood lately and it isn't even fall... I say pumpkin should be year round fare. And I can't believe I haven't put this wonderful pumpkin recipe on here before now. This is my go to dessert recipe to take to potlucks and is my favorite cupcake recipe. Ever. Cake and pumpkin and chocolate and frosting... So good. I got this recipe from my friend Deb's husband - thanks Greg!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Cupcakes:
1 yellow cake mix (I added 1/4 cup flour to it for high altitude)
1 small box vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup chocolate chips (can use mini)

Frosting:
1 container vanilla frosting
cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Place 24 muffin cups in 2 muffin tins. Mix all the cupcake ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Beat at low speed till moistened, then beat for 2 minutes at high speed. Fold in chocolate chips by hand. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350. Once done remove cupcakes from muffin tins and allow to cool completely before frosting.

To make frosting combine frosting and cinnamon until it reaches the cinnamony-ness you desire. I just sprinkle some in and stir it around and then sprinkle in more cinnamon until it tastes right.

1 comment:

ashlee said...

i knew i could count on you for this recipe! i lost my copy of it and just thought the other day, WHO DID THAT RECIPE COME FROM?! you rock. can't wait to make them.