Monday, August 10, 2009

Funeral Potatoes

I've never liked the name of this ubiquitously Mormon potato casserole, but it is what it is so I won't rock the boat by calling it something else. This particular recipe is super yummy and saucey. I've had lots of different versions and make a couple different ones myself, but this one is my kids' favorite and it rocks with pork tenderloin, chops, or ham.

Funeral Potatoes

1, 2 lb bag frozen shredded hashbrown potatoes
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 cups grated cheddar (an 8oz block grated)
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1/3 cup cooked and crumbled bacon

Combine all the ingredients together in a big bowl. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray and then spread the potato mixture into the dish. Bake at 325 for about 1 1/2 hours.

No comments: