Monday, February 21, 2011

Crockpot White Chicken Chili

I've been wanting to try my hand at white chili for a while and I finally got around to it. This is a really good white chili and it's made in the crockpot. Bonus. The only problem is I wish it had a creamier base. I think I might try making this with a white sauce as the base sometime. But this is a nice, lightish, white chili and my whole family including all 3 kids ate it up with out complaints.

Crockpot White Chicken Chili

3-4 cups cooked, cubed chicken
1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon oil
2 can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans chicken broth
1, 4 oz can chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cream

Put all ingredients, except sour cream and cream, into crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours. Add sour cream and cream and let cook on low for another 30 minutes. Mix well. Serve with cheese and tortilla chips.

1 comment:

Pax said...

I have made this a dozen times. The family loves it but they prefer it with a tablespoon of cumin instead of just a teaspoon.