Monday, November 30, 2015

Slow Cooker Apple Spice Cake

My husband is a huge fan of fruit cobblers, pies, crisps... All of that. Well this is probably the easiest version of an apple cobbler I've ever made. You've probably seen the Tasty video of this one on Facebook and it was because of that video that I wanted to make it. I've made other versions of this called "dump cakes" - a cherry walnut one, a peach one, and they are all yummy. This one is no exception. It was super yummy and it made my husband very happy. And vanilla ice cream on top is a huge must!

Slow Cooker Apple Spice Cake

2, 20 oz can apple pie filling
spice cake mix
2 sticks or 8 oz butter, cut into slices
vanilla ice cream

Spray the interior of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Add apple pie filling. Sprinkle dry spice cake mix evenly over the apple pie filling. Place butter slices evenly over the top. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Serve with ice cream on top of individual servings.

No comments: