Monday, April 6, 2015

The Duggar's Tater Tot Casserole

I'm a fan of 19 Kids and Counting. I like the Duggars. I think they have a fascinating reality show what with managing all their children, homeschooling, courtships, marriages, etc. It's just interesting to me. I especially love whenever they share a family recipe and this is one of those recipes, though it's been scaled down to a smaller family size. I think this recipe was on their first TLC special when they had 16 or 17 kids. Anywho, this recipe all over the internet/Pinterest so I finally decided to try it. I have my own version of this casserole that I posted quite a while ago, but I really like this version too. I served it with a green salad and a quick fruit salad.

The Duggar's Tater Tot Casserole

1 lb ground beef
2 lb bag frozen tater tots
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup (you can make these both cream of mushroom)
1, 12 oz can evaporated milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Brown and drain the ground beef. Spread cooked ground beef into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Top with frozen tater tots. In a bowl combine the soups and evaporated milk; pour this over the tater tots. Top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until bubbly and baked through.

No comments: